Is it a new trend on AO3 that authors publish fics like they are finished oneshots when it’s really just the first chapter of a wip?
I feel so annoyed and cheated… I refuse to leave kudos for someone who tricked me.
Writing Tips #141: Ten Tips for Beginning Writers
1. Enjoy what you do.Which means, if you don’t love spending hours at the typewriter,
computer, or whatever your medium is, don’t even start. You have to be willing
and ready to spend untold hours writing, rewriting, and writing some more.
2. Be patient.No book has ever been written overnight. You’re in for a long
haul. This may take a year, or more. Oh, and since we’re on it: prepare to write
more than one book. Publishers want authors, not single books.
3. Allow your story to end.This may sound trivial, but in fact it’s crucial, and a
stumbling block for many writers. You need to find an ending to your story, and
let go of it. You need to decide to end the writing and declare your novel
finished at some point.
4. Edit.You know what I said in Tip #3? Well, your novel is not finished just because you have an ending. When you’ve written a first
draft, it’s just that: a draft. Now the real writing begins. Edit until your
eyes bleed and your fingers break off. And by this I mean: step away from your
finished draft, let it sit for a couple of weeks, and come back with a rested
mind and fresh eyes. You will see what needs to be changed.
I went out looking for college acceptance letters to edit on Google for one of my characters and found a bunch of cool stuff, so I decided to post it as a masterpost thing I suppose, alright so:
- THIS WEBSITEwith both college acceptance and denial letters that you can adapt.
- THIS PINTEREST BOARDwith other kinds of letter templates for college internships, references, housing, etc.
- THIS ONE with business letter templates for investments, banking authorizations, etc.
- THIS ONE with also business letter templates but for job promotions, fundraisings, employment offers, etc.
- THIS with resume cover letter templates, references, resignation, job acceptance, etc.
- THIS with different kinds of business apologies letter templates, condolences, costumer satisfaction, etc.
- THIS ONE with agreement letter templates, job agreements, sales, partnerships, settleements, payments, loans, etc.
- THIS OTHER ONE with appointment letter templates, contractor appointments, teachers, agents, employees, etc.
- THIS BOARD with authorization letter templates, for banks, sales, travels, permits, medical, parental, etc.
- And THESE TWO with fundraising and donation letter templates, requests, thank you letters, travel projects, school projects, etc.
- There’s more in THIS PINTEREST ACCOUNT for bussiness-ish letters and THIS OTHER ACCOUNT for more home-y ones like Christmas stuff or announcements.
- THIS ACCOUNT with kinda the same thing but differently organized, there might be some more, I didn’t check that one completely.
- And then a lot of images where you can get the logos and a general idea of how these colleges write their letters if you just look over THIS LINK. You might have to type the specific college if you have one in mind, or the location, if not then I guess use the one you like how it looks the best.
Teen Wolf Recs: Mid-Summer Sterek Recs [1/3]
Stiles/Derek | 51k | Pg13
In which Stiles has been living with the Hales for a few years as their assistant and friend. He needs to deal with Derek, who keeps coming to Stiles with bruises and cuts to be treated, while trying to figure out what the elderly alpha of the Hale pack is up to.
Stiles/Derek | 2k | R
Derek is an actor on a popular TV show who strikes up an unlikely friendship—and maybe more— with Stiles, a fan artist, when they meet at Comic Con.
Stunt Butt by otter
Stiles/Derek | 5k | R
The whole thing starts with Stiles’ naked body, which is, apparently, “perfect.”
Stiles/Derek | 9k | NC17
After the events of “117”, Derek doesn’t magically transform back into his twenty-five-year-old body. Instead, he’s stuck as a sixteen-year-old for an unknown amount of time. So the pack has to learn to deal with it.
Stiles/Derek | 118k | NC17
There’s something weird about Beacon Hills that Stiles can’t quite put his finger on. The way everyone in town knows his name the day he arrives. The way they insist the melancholic howling that echoes through the forest every night is just a dog. The way his dad denies getting a dog, even though Stiles comes home to find one sprawled across his bed, some big black thing whose eyes gleam red in the right light. The way that massive oak tree out in the woods vibrates under his touch, pulsing with sickly life.
There’s something weird going on in this town, and Stiles is determined to get to the bottom of it.